The international cycling season has come to an end, and WorldTour teams are in the midst of planning for next year. In this context, Colombia continues to be an inexhaustible source of cycling talent that shines on roads around the world.
Eleven Colombian cyclists are confirmed to compete in the top category of world cycling in 2024, while four beetles remain uncertain about their continuity. The following is a review of the confirmed Colombian riders.
- Santiago Buitrago - 24 years old - under contract until 2026 with Bahrain-Victorious. Santiago Buitrago has accumulated four years of WorldTour experience, and his long-term contract with Bahrain Victorious is a recognition of his promising future in elite cycling.
- Sergio Higuita - 26 years old - contract until 2024 with Bora-Hansgrohe. Higuita, with five years in the WorldTour category, will continue to compete for Bora-Hansgrohe and will look to continue his success in the big races on the calendar.
- Esteban Chaves - 33 years old - contract until 2024 with EF Education-EasyPost. With a ten-year career at the elite level, Chaves will continue to be an important leader for his team.
- Rigoberto Urán - 36 years old - contract until 2024 with EF Education-EasyPost. Urán, with 14 years in the WorldTour, remains an icon of Colombian and global cycling.
- Egan Bernal - 26 years old - contract until 2026 with Ineos Grenadiers. Tour de France champion Egan Bernal is committed long-term to the powerful Ineos Grenadiers team.
- Daniel Martinez - 27 years old - contract until 2027 with Bora-Hansgrohe. Martinez will continue his career with Bora-Hansgrohe, where he will seek to establish himself as one of the most prominent figures in the grand tours.
- Fernando Gaviria - 29 years old - contract until 2024 with Movistar Team. The sprinter Gaviria will remain with Movistar Team, where he will look to continue adding victories in sprints.
- Einer Rubio - 25 years old - contract until 2026 with Movistar Team. Einer Rubio, with four years of experience in the WorldTour, will continue to represent Colombia in the most demanding competitions.
- Iván Ramiro Sosa - 25 years old - contract until 2024 with Movistar Team. The climber Iván Ramiro Sosa is a name to be reckoned with in the mountains of the grand tours.
- Jesús David Peña - 23 years old - contract until 2024 with Team Jayco AlUla. Jesús David Peña, with only two years in the WorldTour, promises a bright future in elite cycling.
- Sebastián Molano - 28 years old - contract until 2026 with UAE Team Emirates. Molano will continue to be a protagonist in the mass finishes for UAE Team Emirates.